Re: Bill Russell

At 05:31 PM 12/11/02 +0200, hironaka@nomade.fr wrote:
And that ending quote about heaven and the Celtics,
forgettaboutit, I was practically in tears myself. Even
if I were a lifelong Lakers fan, I'd convert to a Celtics
fan instantly after watching that Russell documentary.
That was the most moving sports documentary I've seen,
which is notable because that ESPN series is known for
showing the flaws and failings of the athletes alongside
the sporting triumphs.
OK, couldn't recall the heaven quote so I went looking for it and found it on a page with some other Russ quotes I think people might enjoy, starting with:

"I was introduced to a game and I changed it. Michael (Jordan) was introduced to a game and he perfected it."

http://www.mtexpress.com/2001/01-06-27/01-06-27russ.htm

Kim