Bill Russell

Last night I saw for the first time the sports century
documentary on Bill Russell on ESPN Classic. You guys
have probably seen it a million times, but man, that was
incredibly moving. I had never seen 95% of that highlight
footage...there is no question he was a better athlete
than anybody on the Celtics roster. We could really use a
6-9 athlete like that, even if he didn't have any of
Russell's other intangibles.

It was stunning to watch a composed Bob Cousy suddenly
break down in tears like that (over not helping his
teammate in dealing with racism). The sheer intensity of
that scene. He must have recalled a specific painful
incident.

And that ending quote about heaven and the Celtics,
forgettaboutit, I was practically in tears myself. Even
if I were a lifelong Lakers fan, I'd convert to a Celtics
fan instantly after watching that Russell documentary.
That was the most moving sports documentary I've seen,
which is notable because that ESPN series is known for
showing the flaws and failings of the athletes alongside
the sporting triumphs.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?