Re: V.Baker Article

Mike:

Thanks for posting this URL. Its actually a surprising
read, critical but balanced.

I didn't realize Baker ranks seventh in the NBA in
offensive boards per minute. I just hope he can get his
fouls down. He does seem like a good team chemistry
addition, man you could do a lot worse.

Really, its not all bad. Out of this trade, I was
wishfully thinking for maybe 45 minutes of quality
playing time between the two, with at least 16 points and
maybe 7 boards, 1.8 steals, 3.6 assists. And that's what
we've been getting so far, thanks to Shammond.

Kenny and Pot would have barely contributed this year for
Boston, due to injuries. I just hope Vin Baker continues
to show a good attitude and improves his game toward the
level of, say, Derrick Coleman of the Sixers.

written by Tim Weisberg:
> Baker: 'I'm going to have my turn'
> After a recent Celtics victory, a tall figure bursts
into the long corridor
> that leads to the Boston locker room, deep in the
bowels of the
> FleetCenter.  As he passes by anyone -- whether it be
security guards, ball
> boys, or team personnel -- he takes high fives and
soaks up the praise of
> "good game," and "nice job out there." This is a player
who just turned in
> only seven points and one rebound in twelve minutes of
action, twelve
> minutes in which he was just one personal foul shy of
being ejected from
> the game.  It's a shadow of the former All-Star player
he once was, just
> the bare minimum that a maximum-contract player should
provide.

> Rest of story at:
> http://www.s-t.com/daily/12-02/12-11-02/c01sp095.htm
>
> Later.Mike