Re: Big Win!!

On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, at 09:24  AM, Wright, Cecil wrote:

> Can we finally put this "we miss Kenny Anderson" stuff to bed now?
> Shammond
> is a tiger on the boards!!  He hits the open jumper and his free
> throws.
> Delk is a dangerous outside shooter.  Neither one of them will make the
> All-Defensive team, but they are not that weak by any stretch of the
> imagination, especially in this system.
>
> While PP may be in a "funk" this team is winning, which to most Celtic
> fans,
> is the bottom line.  And his overall game has improved IMHO.  No?
> 	Cecil

**************************
	Yes, Paul's passing has greatly  improved and his focus on rebounding
has been a real boon to a team, without a power forward, but his
shooting (esp. threes)and defense have regressed. Actually, his defense
hasn't "regressed," he's just not attacking his man consistently. 	I'm
not sure whether I would say his "overall game" has improved, but I
love his fire and will to win and have to be impressed, that while his
shooting has been woeful; on most nights, he is doing other things to
help the team win.
	As far as missing Kenny, you bet. He shouldn't have to play big
minutes. 20 a game would be fine with me.
	No offense to Delk/S. Williams. Who says that they  wouldn't be a
great, three guard combo? When our "point guards," complete their first
fast break, ask me again.
	I will also  contend that Anderson's presence would help Vin Baker.
How are you going to develop a post game without a point guard?
	Antoine, out erstwhile point guard, doesn't like to run and his assist
numbers for the last four games are 4,5,4,4.
	If we had Kenny (or another "pure" point guard), the offense would be
smoother, the shooting % higher and Antoine, on the blocks, could help
with  our rebounding problems.
	We went a long way in the playoffs last season, on our defense and
outside shooting. Until proven wrong, I'll contend that we won't go any
farther without some fast break baskets and an inside game.

		JB

	Unchain My Heart !