Re: how baker will fit in

"The Epistle"?  Of all the nicknames that people have
tried to give Paul Pierce this one has got to be the
most esoteric.  I thought the whole mail analogy was
the exclusive bailiwick of Karl Malone?

In addition, your characterization of what Tammo said
seems way off base. He hardly seems to put Pierce on a
pedestal or something.  Though you really seem to have
something against him. >>Bird

Paul's the Epistle, rather than the Apostle.  He's
sending us all a message that he's unstoppable.  So's
the common cold.

Glad you're fired up that he can score against guys who
don't know him.  We've seen what happens in a series,
and perhaps you're not thinking playoffs, but I believe
we've got to have guys who disassemble defenses instead
of shoot or drive through them.  Paul's got skills, but
no humility or savvy.  Doesn't make other players
better.  Gets his dunks but prefers to mix in assists
in the open court.  With a halfcourt set, he's loathe
to give up the ball.  Maybe you've noticed.

Tammo is a woman who's tight with Kansas, so you can
look forward to a whole collegiate update as seen from
the Jayhawk's nest.  Pierce is a favorite, and Drew
Gooden was discouraged from coming to Boston because
he's a quiet guy who the media and fans were going to
destroy, in her opinion.  Good thing we went for Joe
Johnson last year instead and saved her the agony.

You may not have found the post to be a tribute to
Pierce, but we'll get to see everything that credits
him with baskets, including the design of the pump,
backboard and rim.  It's all Paul.

He had a pretty passive first half last night while
busy sticking pins in his Reggie doll.  Needs to save
the team, so he waits until he can make the heroic
plays.  Growing up with a VCR and SportsCenter can do
that to a guy.

Let's keep track of his man defense and rebounding as
well as scoring and highlight stuff.  I only care that
he works as hard as Wallace if he's going to get so
much press.