Re: how baker will fit in

>Watched USA beat Germany last night and here are some brief observations:
>1.  We should have kept Ben Wallace when we had the chance (DUH!!)

No kidding!  Wallace has fumbled a couple nice passes in the paint but his
defense, his hustle, his intensity.....What I wouldn't give for someone like
that on the Celtics.

>2.  Andre Miller will make some mistakes, but he sure is thrilling to watch.

The one thing that has surprised me in these Championships is how much better
Miller has played than Baron Davis.  I thought they were a lot closer talent
wise going into these games.  Both these guys are still very young, however.

>3.  Nowitzki is capable of being an MVP in any league.

Yes, although he still doesn't play a lick of defense.  He was quoted after
the game saying he wasn't on the team for defense or rebounding or anything
else.  He was on the team to score. If that is by design, I think his
International Coach is doing him a huge disservice.  He could be a good
defender if he put his mind to it.
 I still can't understand why we didn't go after him more and try to get him
in foul trouble.

>4.  Paul Pierce made several nice passes leading to easy baskets for his >
teammates.

My favorite was the 3/4's court lob ahead to Baron Davis, who then left the
ball for a trailing teammate (Finley?  I don't remember) for a dunk.
Doesn't go down in the stat column but it was a beauty.

>>5.  Paul Pierce is an assassin.  I think he comes out this year looking to
make the finals at any cost.

Funny you should use that word.  Kelvin Sampson, the Coach of Oklahoma who is
an Assistant Coach in these games, used to call Pierce The Silent Assassin.
I guess he's not silent anymore.