Re: how baker will fit in

From: lancejacob@xxxxxxxxx

Ah, yes, just another Ode to Paul, where we learn of
his wondrous feats in Kansas, even though Roy Williams
refused to let him control the ball and thus stifled
Paul the Epistle from scoring 60 per night.
"The Epistle"? Of all the nicknames that people have tried to give Paul Pierce this one has got to be the most esoteric. I thought the whole mail analogy was the exclusive bailiwick of Karl Malone?

In addition, your characterization of what Tammo said seems way off base. He hardly seems to put Pierce on a pedestal or something. Though you really seem to have something against him. Paul Pierce does have faults (free throws, sometimes out of control on drives, could improve defensively) but he's certainly an outstanding NBA player, one deserving of "odes". (Though I've hardly been reminded of Keats.) Did anyone catch the third quarter of the game in Indy tonight? Pierce lit it up and rally seemed to fire up the US team. And you've gotta love that three-pointer at the end of the third. Classic Paul Pierce. (That was a nice tip of the inbounds pass, though, by some US player -- Ben Wallace?)

Bird