Re: how baker will fit in

It does concern me that O'Brien doesn't seem any more
thrilled about the Baker acquisition than Pierce or
Walker.  He desperately wanted to keep Rogers.
If Baker doesn't show an ability to dominate down low
from the very first practice, will O'Brien even
consider making him a featured part of the offense?
I don't know.  He's never gone out of his way to make a
big man a part of the offense before, unless you're
talking about the pick and pop, which doesn't
lend itself to Bakers strengths.>>Tammo

Ah, yes, just another Ode to Paul, where we learn of
his wondrous feats in Kansas, even though Roy Williams
refused to let him control the ball and thus stifled
Paul the Epistle from scoring 60 per night.

Yeah, I saw PP last night, and those Romper Room kids
they played against.  I'm surprised he didn't just
shoot backward from the top of the key considering the
boredom these guys felt against the Horror-atio Algiers.

You call those assists?  I call them 3-on-1 attacks.
Paul likes to shoot, then likes to play hero, but never
works to draw defenders WITH the eye to free someone
up.  Haven't seen it in two years.

Meanwhile, did Obie regret losing Rogers?  Sure, who
else would score 14 per night while taking shots only
when deigned by the captains?  Don't think Baker will
be happy receiving the ball with 4 seconds left as the
last, rather than third option.  Unless Paul gets a
dose of reality (or 12 reruns of the NJ series) he
won't give up the rock, and I don't think Twan wants
Vin to dictate the shots from the block.  This is
Obie's biggest nightmare, that the captains don't run
the offense from the top.  Stay tuned, and print up
those "#34--"I Need to Have the Basketball" bumper
stickers.  Just don't make them blue-on-white.