Re: Walker Says Celtics Second Best In East

Let's hope Obie doesn't share Walker's opinion.

I'm not going to get all worked up over Antoine's comments (after all, the
positive in the story-Antoine's work ethic-at least balances my perceived
negatives), but I do have some concerns.

Antoine wants the same starting lineup (with a new PG). He wants Baker to
come off the bench. He wants Baker to be the third option.

I disagree with all three thoughts.

I'm still hoping for a Walker-Baker-Battie starting frontcourt. I think it
provides the best matchups and replaces the weak link in the starting lineup
(Ewill).

Baker off the bench isn't good. He didn't like it in Seattle, and he didn't
do it well in Seattle. His confidence is fragile. How do you think he'll
handle backing up Tony Battie and Eric Williams?

Baker as third option... In terms of being the third-leading scorer, yes.
But as an option only after exhausting 1 (Pierce) and 2 (Walker), no. If
Baker is only getting emergency offense (when Pierce or Walker can't get a
shot off), that's a waste. He's not Rodney Rogers. If he's going to work in
Boston, they need to feed him in the post early in the offense. If he can
score efficiently (something this team needs), great. If he's cut off, then
hopefully he can find Pierce or Walker for open shots.

Anyway, I wasn't thrilled with what Antoine had to say. Not going to make
more of it than that, but it's the dog days, and anything is fair game for
discussion.

Mark