Re: Formidable front line

    Joe, you make compelling points on the irrelevance of our offense and
the emphasis on defensive intensity and strategies that led to the Celtics
rise.
    I'd like to point out though, that;* that, is just half the battle. We
were among the top three teams in a weak East, where the favored teams were
decimated with injuries. Detroit, NJ and Boston, were among the least
injured teams and they were the three that rose. Certainly, all three made
significant changes, which led to those improvements, but I believe that in
another season, those moves would not have had such dramatic effect.
    Interestingly, both teams that had home court advantage in the
respective divisions, were working with motion offenses. Fast breaks,
cutters and an emphasis on easy scores, before the zone defenses could set
in.
    Of course, both teams fell to the Lakers, as a great big man equalizes
many other variables, but the greatest teams (uno who), had both a
dominating big man and a great point guard/offensive strategy.
    While we are hoping that our new coach, (forgot his name already) can
really coach post play and that we work on the offense this year, it's my
opinion that NJ is way ahead of us, in team development, because of Scott's
willingness to work on both areas of the game and by relying on the notion,
that; big man/post game or not, motion is the way to go.
    Having Jason Kidd to run that offense, while adding interior defense,
muscle, and playoff experience, through trade and signing, will propel NJ
into the true elite.
    Will the C's stay with them? I sure wish we could count on  the same
commitment to team play and unselfish leaderswhip that Kidd gives them.

     JB

* Irrelevant punctuation added for the titillation of our Mr. Bird.