Rogers/Keon signings

Hola, folks. I've been signed off the list for a
couple of years but lurk regularly on the HTML
archive. Just wanted to add my $.02 on the recent
signings by Jersey and Sacto.

In brief, these kinds of signings are what separate
the men from the boys in today's NBA. Gavin Maloof
knew signing Clark would push him into luxury tax
land, and decided to go for it anyway because he knows
he has a narrow window of opportunity to win a
championship. Thorn's situation is similar, though he
doesn't own the team (and though I'm not entirely sure
signing Rogers puts them into tax territory, but if
not they're very close). The Celtics, for all their
talk of being "championship-driven," decided to play
stingy when the rubber hit the road instead of
swallowing hard and shelling out the dough to field a
winner.
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com