> This seems somewhat revisionist, doesn't it, Kim?  'Leastways, it's not
> how I remember it, anyway.  I thought Rogers was very quick for his size,
> though not so much laterally (that is, on defense, as far as staying in
> front on a guy on the perimeter), especially in grabbing loose balls.
> Though you're right about his ball-handling, it's not as if it was on
> display often.  In fact, I particularly liked his drives to the basket --
> the first step, for a man his size, was fast.  As for the outside shots, I
> disagree completely -- I think that was the whole plan, and in fact,
> Rogers displayed a tentativeness when he first got to the C's that
> eventually went mostly away, for the good of all.  While no doubt his
> limitations *were*, indeed, part of why the team went no further (as were
> all the limitations of everyone who played), I'm just not sure that really
> means anything -- in the long run, he was more of an asset than a
> liability, faults and all.

I agree...
Rogers is a very solid NBA player..

I don't see why Kim keeps calling him a Journeyman...those guys sign for the
minimum salary, not 3 mill plus. Journeyman aren't traded for first round
draft picks;
journeyman don't shoot higher percentages then team "stars" (Walker) and
journeyman don't possess likely one of the sweetest three pointers in the NBA
and pull Superstar Centers right out of the playoffs. Nor do journeyman win
sixth men of the year awards. Mark Blount will be a Journeyman...Milt
Palacio..maybe..
But Rodney Rodgers..the guy is solid.

Losing him is a huge blow for the Celtics. We could have easily had him.
EASY. We could have had him and spent less then the Nets. Like I said our
cheap owner would be the death of us. The guy couldn't even shell out to sign
someone the organization wanted and was easily available. The players wanted
him...the coaches wanted him, and many of the fans wanted him.

First off...Rodney Rodgers is not slow.

He is very fast for someone thats 260 pounds. He was step to quick for nearly
anyone close to his weight guarding him. You can't have someone that big and
strong and expect him to be as quick as K. Brown. He is faster then other
little big man like say Danny Fortson, Tractor Traylor and so on. He looks
nearly as fast as Walker despite outweighing him, and I think he jumps
better.

I mean really..who in your heart do you think is better?

Kieth Van Horne or Rodney Rogers. Rogers is a better player in a heartbeat.
Thats harsh...for Van Horne but true. Rogers shoots better, he is faster and
wow is he stronger. Not to mention Rodgers is one of those fearless tough
guys, (like Strickland) only with lots more talent.

Come on now Kim...
Rogers was clearly the fourth or third best player on our team. Easily.
Likely he was
one of the most talented players on our roster.

Truth be told..I am starting to think that Ray is a Celtics fan..cause he is
right about this. This offseason sucks.... Gaston needs to sell the bloody
team. At this rate he needs to do Walker and Pierce a favour and trade them
to the Lakers so that that the wife beater doesn't get himself a
championship. Gaston is making me ill.

Pete