RE: Counterstrike: Counteracting The Weird NJ Menance

Come on, I know Ray gets under everyone's skin, but are we really going to
argue whether or not Mutombo is a premier defensive center? He gives you 11
rebounds and 3 blocks a game. He's 7-2. If he's not a premier defensive
center, then who is?

The Celtics were able to somewhat neutralize him with a unique player-Rodney
Rogers-who now is Mutombo's teammate. And I remember a lot of posters on
this list writing the Celtics off after they lost two games to Mutombo and
the Sixers in Philly. The unreal shooting display in Game 5 brought a lot of
people back on the bandwagon, but if that game had gone the other way, how
would we view Mutombo?

There are plenty of things to pick at about Ray, but calling Mutombo a
premier defensive center isn't one of them.

Mark