What? Why?

I can see the reasoning of this trade by the Nets because it allows
Jefferson a spot and brings in an all-star defensive force albeit old.  More
interestingly enough, what message does this send out from Philadelphia?
The salary that KVH and TM bring back will make it virtually impossible and
even unnecessary to sign Rodney Rogers.  Why would Philly need a 3-point
threat from the front line when KVH fills that spot?

It's funny though, perhaps chemistry is over-rated.  If I were to ask what
team had better chemistry than the Celtics last year, I would say the Nets.

One other thought, could this trade possibly be to address the coming of Vin
Baker as the low post threat in the East?  Vin would probably say so.