Cassell, other stuff

There's no way Milwaukee trades Sam Cassell for Eric Williams and a
first-rounder. No way. If he goes on the market, don't you think there will
be better offers?

It's too bad, because I love to watch Cassell play. Now, that may change if
he's running my team instead of a team I don't care about. He's a dervish
out there. I can see how he'd drive a coach crazy. But he's in the middle of
everything. He makes creative shots that few other players would even take.
He's accused of being selfish, but he's a great, clever passer. Good size,
good shooter, good contract. All the reasons he won't be coming to Boston
for Eric Williams and a draft pick. This is one of those things that got
started over nothing-a message board post about a radio rumor that never
existed. Cassell may be traded, but not for Eric Williams and a draft pick.
The Knicks certainly would make a better offer.

I also don't understand the SA-Portland trade. Great deal for Portland. Not
that Antonio Daniels is a great player, but he is a contributor. They gave
up two non-contributors. I'm assuming the Spurs just wanted to take back
expiring contracts and alleviate any problems that might have developed
between Parker/Claxton/Daniels. That's all I can figure. Does this take
McInnis out of the picture for Portland? Don't' know.

I still think McInnis and Best sign somewhere for more than the vets'
minimum. Childs is off the market. It's looking more and more like Damon
Jones. Ugh. Well, maybe Shammond Williams will surprise us all.

If the Baker trade is the sign of an impending sale of the team, at least
something positive will come of it. Still, that's one final parting shot
from Gaston-screw the team for four years to squeak out a few more dollars
for himself. Anyway, Bill Simmons makes a pretty convincing argument that
the trade signals an impending sale. That's the only rationalization he can
come up with.

Mark