RE: What? Why?

Don't be surprised if New Jersey makes a serious offer to Rogers.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com] On Behalf
Of Richard Quan
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 5:09 PM
To: Celtics@Igtc.Com
Subject: What? Why?

I can see the reasoning of this trade by the Nets because it allows
Jefferson a spot and brings in an all-star defensive force albeit old.
More interestingly enough, what message does this send out from
Philadelphia? The salary that KVH and TM bring back will make it
virtually impossible and even unnecessary to sign Rodney Rogers.  Why
would Philly need a 3-point threat from the front line when KVH fills
that spot?

It's funny though, perhaps chemistry is over-rated.  If I were to ask
what team had better chemistry than the Celtics last year, I would say
the Nets.

One other thought, could this trade possibly be to address the coming of
Vin Baker as the low post threat in the East?  Vin would probably say
so.