--- You wrote:
call me crazy, but VP going down could be a crucial
blow if we somehow end up in the finals against the
fakers. he's the only one on the team who can even
come close to denying shaq the low post.
--- end of quote ---

Let's not get carried away here. VP is an 8th/9th player on this team  - if
he's playing well. Sure, it would've been good to have him just in case
something happened to Battie, but it's not like he would've seen many minutes
anyway.
The main rotation was going to be the current starting lineup, Rogers,  and
Strickland, with McCarty, Pot, and Delk getting a look here and there to see if
they can get hot.

It's easy to chastise Obie in retrospect, but there are at least 7 players on
this team that should've been kept out before Pot. If Obie had kept the top 8
out, we'd have to forfeit the game because we'd only have 4 players. And it's
not like they can't get hurt during practice - should Obie not hold any
practices in fear that someone will get hurt before Sunday?

Kestas