Re: Predictions

49 games sounds great to me, but how many games did we win by fewer than 5
points.  Antoine and Paul were terrific in making key hoops down the
stretch.  If less than a dozen baskets rimmed out at crunch time, we could
easily be 38 and 44.  I don't want to take anything away from the C's
because they won those games, I just want to point out the slim margin
between success and failure in the NBA

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Colin Hall wrote:

> I honestly have to say I didn't think we were much
> better then last year.
>
> I thought with no size in the middle we would be
> lottery bound again.
> Luckily Walker sacrificed his ego and Pierce emerged
> as an ALL-WORLD player.
> Along with Obie telling his players to get Pierce and
> Walker the ball and get the hell out of there way
> (i.e. Larry Bird) the role players have played
> extremely well. Strickland, Williams, Rogers, Battie,
> Vitaly, all seem to feed off of the Dynamic Duo.
> Yes I predicted 38. Had I known how week the East was
> going to be I would have predicted a few wins more.
>
> Whoever is belittling those who underpredicted with
> the obnoxious quotes needs to rethink his strategy.
> Like someone said before, we are all winners. No need
> to rub noses in the dirt.
> http://taxes.yahoo.com/

	  Dave Wickerham
	  aw623@freenet.buffalo.edu