Kidd

  I honestly can't believe this argument is even going on.  No one around the
NBA would argue that Kidd isn't the best point guard in the league.  He
recently became only the fourth player in NBA history to lead the league in
assists three straight years joining John Stockton, 1988-96; Oscar Robertson,
1964-66; Bob Cousy, 1953-60.  That's some pretty impressive company.
  Right now Kidd is 2nd in the league in assists (10 per game), 1st in
steals, 1st in triple doubles and 4th in double doubles.  There is no part of
the game on either end of the court that he doesn't contribute to his team,
and contribute in a positive way.

  I heard Danny Ainge in a radio interview last week.  He was asked what part
of New Jersey's improvement could be contributed to Kidd, and how much was
just the Nets finally being healthy and getting their act together.  Ainge
pointed out that wherever Kidd has gone, winning followed. His high school
team won back to back State titles and Kidd set the all time record for
assists.  He averaged 25pts, 10apg, 7 rpg, and 7 steals, and won numerous
player of the year awards in the process.
 Kidd went to a Cal team that was middle of the road Pac 10 and took them to
the Sweet Sixteen, including a win over highly favored Duke.  He was the
first Sophomore in the history of the Pac 10 to be chosen as Pac 10 POY, was
named All-American and was a finalist for both the Wooden and Naismith POY
awards as a Sophomore.
  He went to Dallas and the Mavericks won 23 more games his rookie year then
they did the year before.  He shared the ROY award with Grant Hill.
  He went to the Suns and injured himself in his first game.  The Suns were
horrible before he got there, went 9-12 while he was injured and went 23-9
and to the playoffs when he returned to the lineup.
  It's no coincidence that when Kidd left, the Suns went down hill again.
  And now the remarkable turn around by the Nets.   Kidd has an astonishing
impact wherever he goes.  It's just common sense to put two and two together.
   There is no bigger Paul Pierce fan on the planet than me.  I'm still angry
with Kidd for turning down an opportunity to play at Kansas.  But if I had a
vote for MVP it would be Kidd.  No one else comes close in my mind.  Now, if
the Celtics had one their division it may be a different story.