RE: Kidd

--- You wrote:
And Walker of course would belong in the Shudra (untouchable) class!!!!!!!!
--- end of quote ---

I thought the Harijan were the untouchables (outcaste), and the Shudras, the
lowest, "once-born" caste that worked the land etc.?

--- You wrote:
at least, according to several people on this list, no matter what he
does!!!!!!
I had intended not posting until the end of the season, but Kestas' comments
about Hinduism and Vedic themes has put paid to that.
Unfortunately, Kestas, Kidd is no Brahmin (you are *born* one) - both
literally and figuratively. Literally because of birth and figuratively
because, while he does make the Nets a lot better, he is still not in the
Shaquille O'Neal class. Of course, if you restrict the discussion to the
Eastern Conference, Kidd's probably a logical choice - though I feel others
run him pretty close.
--- end of quote ---

Well, while I was not arguing that Kidd is a *born*, literal Brahmin, the
association came about because I think of him as the "brain" of that team. If
I'm not misremembering my Indian philosophy, Brahmins represented the "head" of
the Hindu society, and the Kshatriyas - the "arms"? Hence the analogy.
Therefore, Shaq is no Brahmin, literally or figuratively :) He could be the MVP
every year, though, but they like to spread it around...
Kestas