Kidd

--- You wrote:
Paul Pierce is straight up better then Kidd.
--- end of quote ---

Once again, we're talking about the MVP, not the best one-on-one player, or
even the best player, period. I'm sure Pierce would kick Kidd's ass 1-on-1. He
might even kick Duncan's or Shaq's ass 1-on-1. The award, though, is about the
player who contributes the most to his team. While Pierce contributes a lot
with his scoring, rebounding, and defense, Kidd literally transforms the Nets
from a collection of parts into a very good team. He scores when his team needs
him to score, he passes to make other players better than they really are, he
gets 7 rebounds out of the PG spot, for chrissakes. He's the brain of that
team. Pierce is more like the arms/fists of his team. Thus, continuing the
Vedic theme, Kidd is in the highest - Brahmin (priest) caste, whereas Pierce is
in the next highest - Kshatriya (warrior) caste. Therefore, according to
Hinduism, Kidd should be the MVP :)

--- You wrote:
I think we will see that in the playoffs. A point guard who cannot command
a double team, and can't shoot better then 40% isn't worthy of jack. Thats
why
Kidd's teams get drummed out of the playoffs every year.
--- end of quote ---

The same things coud be said of Cousy as well.

--- You wrote:
Real MVP's take their team to the Championship.
Thats what an MVP is all about..not regular season excellence.
--- end of quote ---

No, that's what the playoffs MVP is all about. The regular season MVP is about
doing the most to help your team in the regular season.

Kestas