re: Stick it to 'em!!!

> From: "Jaims" <jaims@info.com.ph>

> EW was interviewed after the game
> (audio league pass)  and I heard him say, he was commending Vitaly for
> pumping
> the team up after a lil skirmish with Kenyon, EW said the team really
> needs
> players like Vitaly for his strength and willingness to get banged up
> inside.

Yes!  Good point!  Kudos to V for that hard-nosed play.  I didn't think he
had all that much cause, as the play he was pushed on looked pretty normal,
  but he set the tone and we need that.  Good job!  I like V, for all his
faults, (and they are myriad) but he's one of the few "tough guys" on the
team, and the only big one.

You usually only hear about the bad officiating when the C's lose, so let
me say that the refs were really bad this game.  Some calls went the C's
way, most didn't, but there was little consistency, and bad judgements
about the rules.  Really, the NBA needs to tighten up the officiating, and
not just spin it so that the image of the refs are better.

> Ced Maxwell also asked if EW gets intimidated with Kenyon or any other
> player
> like that, and he said, "definitely not, maybe you should ask them if
> they get
> intimidated by me or any other player in my team now..."..  This guy has
> the
> Green blood and I like him for that.

Good quote.  Wish I got FSNE so that I could get all the goodies
associated with the team: after-game press conferences, there's probably a
coach's show, etc.  Oh, well.  Guess I'll have to settle for the C's
winning.  I wasn't a fan of EWill during most of his second stint with the
C's, but he certainly contributes in ways I can't see or, formerly,
appreciate.

Bird