Jeff Van Gundy to coach WNBA's Washington Mystics??

That's the story this morning. ESPN quoted an NBA source saying something
like "he wants to coach players who will actually listen to him..."

How weird.

Anyway, great win last night. McCarty, Strickland, Rogers and Pierce were
strong. These last two wins have been huge, because on paper both games
certainly were dangerous. Now we have four games against lottery-bound teams
remaining and five home games. No reason not to finish well.

I just want to echo Kestas' comments about Isiah. Donnie Walsh has to get
rid of him after this season, doesn't he? That team is incredibly talented
and deep, and they continue to just tread water. I thought Van Gundy would
have been a great fit there, but he'll be coaching the ladies. How bad does
Walsh's decision to hire Isiah instead of Rick Carlisle look now? And while
we're on the subject, how about Carlisle? Look at that Detroit roster.
They're just two games behind the Nets for the Eastern Conference lead.
Unbelievable. Let's see Phil Jackson win with that kind of talent. I'd say
Carlisle has done the best coaching job I can remember in the NBA as far as
doing the most with the least.

Mark