FW: [Celtics' Stuff Re: "(Now tell me)Who do you love?"

----------
From: JB <james.metz@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 08:11:54 -0500
To: <Celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Celtics' Stuff Re: "(Now tell me)Who do you love?"

on 4/3/02 7:44 AM, davidp4660@aol.com at davidp4660@aol.com wrote:

I like Walter coming off the bench, but right now, he should be starting.
I'd probably put him with Antoine and Tony (only by default), and move
Pierce to the 2 with Kenny.  It would probably be our quickest team overall.
Problem is, Walter is best utilized in a running game, and as so as soon as
they go to a half court game, he loses his effectiveness.  I like Walter and
Strick in together because they "run, run, run" as Tommy would say.   Last
night for certain, OB had the right comination of players down the stretch.
DavidP
            ***********
  There are many possibilities for a starting unit/playoff rotation and as
Red always said, it doesn't matter who starts, it's who finishes.
  What you say about Strickland and Walter wanting to run is true. On the
other hand, so does Kenny, at least for 8-10 minutes.
  Seeing it's the Lakers on Friday, what do you think of starting Walter at
center? He did guard Shaq. pretty well last season and he would give us a
center who has good hands and  can finish. If Anderson can give Potapenko
and Battie several easy baskets a game, what would he mean for Walter's
production?
  Walker, Walter, Pierce, Srtrickland and Anderson to start the game; with
Rogers, Delk, Williams and Battie/Potapenko, off the bench. Why not? Is
there another way to beat the Lakers than; run, run , run and foul the hell
out of a huffing and puffing O'Neil?

       JB

Link to current standings:
http://archive.sportserver.com/newsroom/sports/bkb/1995/nba/nba/stat/2000-01
confstands_lo.html

               Unchain My Heart !

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To subscribe from this group, send an email to:
Celticsstuffgroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com