Jeff Van Gundy....

MB stated:
>I'd say Carlisle has done the best coaching job I can remember in the NBA
as far as
>doing the most with the least.

I find it interesting the number of former Celtics players who are in
management, coaching or announcing in the NBA.  I would think a greater
number then any other team in the league. All are in knowledge roles.  I am
not sure how many current players we have that will move into those ranks in
the future.

(I think Walter may be one to do announcing, Williams I see as some kind of
a coach)

(Though the economics of the game has changed and most top players will
never need to work again, unlike the guys I am discussing so that skews the
future statistics)

I wonder did the team choose to deviate from drafting/acquiring that "type"
of player or was it just a "golden age" of players that we went through?

Anyone have a thought on this as we gear up for the Lakers?

I bet Strickland picks up two charging fouls against the Lakers in this
game.

<Jim