RE: Its the shot selection..sheesh.

This is interesting.  There is the possibility that Obie feels with the
opposing PF guarding him, it may provide an increased shot at us grabbing an
offensive board on his misses.  Of course that logic flies in the face of
our weak offensive rebounding stats.

I think we will know the true value of the guy when he has a low post
presence to dump it inside to and get a healthy ROI.  In the meantime, he is
obviously being encouraged to fire away.  It's great when he hits them and
ugly when he doesn't.  The burning question is does he have a reasonable
alternative?  In Pierce and Rogers, I think so.  Battie, at times.  Williams
is hot and cold.  Kenny isn't there, etc and so on.

Toine must be more judicious in his shot selection, but he is not killing
this team with it, at this point anyway.  The playoffs is when he will be
forced to increase his shooting percentage if we are gonna have a hope and a
prayer.  A good point was made when someone noted that he does not get to
the line as much as we would like.  That may be something that is changed at
playoff time.  I personally would like to see him increase his low post
presence because I think he is just too quick for most PFs who will guard
him and force the fouls, so long as Joe Crawford and his ilk call them as
committed.

It will be interesting for sure.

Cecil Wright, Nova Scotia Community Coordinator
Community Mobilization Program
Department of Justice Canada
Duke Tower - Suite 1400
5251 Duke Street