Its the shot selection..sheesh.

When I look at Walker's statistics, I do not see his 3 point shooting as
a weakness.  I see his inside game as the weakness.  Walker's 2pt % is
really no better or worse than what it has been his career.  This season
his 2pt % is 42.6, his 3pt % is 34.5.  It's close enough that one can see
the logic in taking the 3 as many times as he does vs. a 2ptr.

Psshaw..

You can't analyze basketball that way. Alot of times players like Walker and
Pierce get fouled inside. So even though his percentage is lower you get
some points anyway...and even better you get the other team in foul trouble.
Furthermore you cut down on your opponents fast break opportunities and
give your team some rest.

Its is VERY hard to fast break after a free throw, while its pretty darn
easy to break off one of Walker's bricks.

Thats why the Celtics fans boo walker when he puts up threes with no
one to rebound the ball. Its not baseball, its basketball. Your analysis
isn't a good one.

Walker despite being a good passer doesn't look for the pass all the time.
Despite being a decent shooter he doesn't try to work for the better shot.
He will often times just reacts on emotion and put up the first shot that he
sees.
The fans hate this.

> I don't have a problem with him taking a 3ptr for over a third of his
> shots.
> The question I have is whether he should be taking so many shots.  And if
> he
> takes less shots, who should get more?

Nah..
Your missing the point. Its not that Walker is shooting to much, its that he
is taking the wrong shots. I think he could shoot 45% if he had the shot
selection of Rodney Rodgers. Walker might have a high basketball IQ but
he PLAYS out of emotion lots of time.

> Pierce?  Well, he already takes the most shots on his team and he's already
> being double and triple teamed all the time.
>
> Delk, Strickland and Williams shoot worse than Walker, so why give them
> more
> shots?
>
> Anderson's 2pt % is barely above 43%.  That's barely an improvement over
> Walker.

Again this kinda thing doesn't work.
You can't just look at percentages and say oh this guy shoots x percent he
should shoot more. Its about decision making.  Raw talent wise Walker is
a decent shooter. Battie doesn't need to be taking more shots. He already
takes the kinda shots he should be.

You know why Anderson shoots 43%..instead of 39?
Anderson is actually a worse shooter then Walker. But he stays within
himself.
Even when he misses he was usually wide open and within his range.

Fans don't like it though when Anderson throws up impossible layups and
misses
them, or fires back from the three point line. And they would boo him too if
he
started to do alot of that.

People can respect physical errors. If Walker takes good shots and misses
them..
then the fans think well..he is just having an off night. But Walker will on
occasion
disrupt the flow of the team with his bad decision making.

Sure OB wants him to take the open three..
But he probably likes it after they work it inside for a double team so the
ball
can be swung around for wide "open" three with rebounders under the basket.

Walker should save his tough "bail out" shots for whenever the team actually
needs
to be bailed out of something. That shouldn't be the first shot you take.
When
Walker learns that..the boos will fade away.

Pete