Kandiman

Hello all,

> But consider that he has 128 blocks this year compared to a combined 77
> from
> TB and VP.  Or that he has 499 defensive rebounds compared to our guys 421.
> If we are looking for a guy who can grab the rebound and get the fast break
> started, he may be the guy.  If we are looking for a smooth, polished guy
> with low post moves, he may not be the guy.

I don't like the Kandiman.

I think he is stiff. He is bigger, and hence a better shotblocker then Battie
or
Vitaly. While a big upgrade over Vitaly (but so is any center) he is only a
slight upgrade over Battie. He is better but won't put us to the "next"
level, IMHO. He can
be exploited. I mean the Clips have had him for years, and until they got
some
real life long hoopsters with hops they couldn't more then 30 games.
Doesn't that tell you something?

He is bigger, but slower and less athletic. Even worse like many players who
learned
the game later in life he seems to have a low "basketball IQ" I hate players
like
that, and I don't want him on the Celtics. He is big, but not a good
basketball player.

 For those of us who like running basketball..I don't think he really fits
in. If you want a poor man's Mutumbo then i guess he is your guy.

I much prefer a guy like Ben Wallace. Wallace is more athletic and
stronger then Battie. Thats the kinda player we need.

Heck the Clips have a tons of better players if we are going to make a trade
with them, lets pick someone good. Especially if we are getting rid of the
best
athlete on our team..the most athletic player we have had since Dee Brown.
Sheesh.

And note K. Brown did play..had a steal too.
Also Battie had three blocks two nights in a row.

You win in this league with talent, not just size.
A guy like Duncan or Dirk is a difference maker..
Guys like Bradley and Kandi are stiffs.

Pete