Re: [Celtic_Pride] Re: Ordway Says 45 Wins For Jordan, whoDonates Salary to WTC Victims

At 08:46 9/28/2001 +1000, you wrote:
>>         He ended last time on a one-in-a-million perfect script, and now
he's
>> playing just for the love of the game. I don't think expectations are all
>> THAT high for him this time around, nor do I think this will really tarnish
>> his image or place in basketball history.
>
>Thats exactly what it was. A script. Any other nobody player would have
been called
>for an offensive foul. However, the most offensive player in the leagues
history
>didn't get called.... What a wonderful script. Too bad 99.95% of
non-bandwagon fans
>saw right through it.

Yeah, I don't get this attitude. Somehow, it's OK that Jordan got  off his
last (or so we thought) shot by committing an offensive foul, because, you
know, he's Jordan.  It just shows how competitive and clever he was to get
away with something like that  blah  blah blah. That the rules of the game
have been creatively interpreted in his favor for most of his career goes
unnoticed by these folks.
And now we're gonna see even more of this "Jordan rules" crappola. I can
just see Kobe or McGrady or Pierce blocking his Greatness' shot and getting
called for a phantom foul.