Re: Bskball.com Column

on 9/19/01 4:23 PM, Josh Ozersky at jozersky1@nyc.rr.com wrote:

I had other questions for Wallace, such as whether the Celtics were
interested
in having a power forward
who played down low when Antoine was manning another position, or whether
the
idea was to have the other
forward hang around outside as a spot-up shooter. I meant to ask if the
whole
team would be obliged to tape
up their ankles before every game. I mean to see if there was any chance
that
a "pure" point guard of Pepe
Sanchez' caliber, or for that matter Sanchez himself, could be squirreled
away
against the sure eventuality of
Randy Brown and/or Kenny Anderson sitting benchside in the heighth of junior
men's sportswear. However,
I didn't want to tax Wallace's generosity in speaking to me, and so thanked
him sincerely for his time.

   Same old, same old.
   They won't bring in a player unless he's an impact player, but they won't
pay an impact player what it would take to sign him.
   Why they wouldn't/couldn't sign a Jacques Vaughn/Khalid El-Amin/Pepe
Sanchez type point guard, for 350,000 to 500,000 is beyond me. Even if they
had to cut him later, the amount is so small, compared to the benefit of
having the point guard if necessary.
   It really does seem as if they don't care much about this coming season
and might like to visit the lottery again.
-JB-

Unchain My Heart!