FW: What happened to Miller?

----------
From: JB <jbmetzea@Yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:33:11 -0400
To: Celtic's Stuff <Celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: What happened to Miller?

   I know Cleveland had a point guard named Miller. Didn't they use the pick
they got for Potapenko to draft the kid from Utah? Where was he tonight?
Didn't I ask someone on this list to post a preview article for each game?
Grumble, grumble. The recap mentioned Anderson being out, but no word about
Andre.
  Cleveland was outclassed completely tonight. No miracles from Wesley
Person. The center Mihm and power forward Doleac, who both looked so good
last week, looked like dogmeat. Our centers absolutely dominated. I mean,
Blount scored at will and had 5 rebounds. Battie got off early and had six
points in the first few minutes.
  Antoine really impressed me tonight. I was so afraid that without
Anderson, he would eat the basketball, a la Antoine of last season. Was I
surprised. The only one eating tonight is me, with this crow on my plate.
Walker had 10 assists mid way through the third quarter. He rarely held the
ball. I've never seen him advance the ball so consistently. He scored on
threes and inside moves, in a nice balance. Forced once or twice, but
absolutely looked like a player more concerned with winning than with his
own shot.
  The whole team seemed intent on advancing the ball and finding the best
shot. So many players were knocking down open jumpers, so many lay ups on
dishes in the paint and forward passes, they really looked like a team. The
only one who didn't seem to get it, was Pierce, he still wanted to play one
on one. He made a few, missed a lot and finally got into passing the ball
around, but still needs to pass earlier in the possession, not just when he
is swarmed. Paul can pass, obviously, he is a great rebounder. He can do all
the things Antoine can and be a triple double guy. When he understands that
he doesn't have to score thirty to win every game, this team could be
awesome, even without a great center.
  Palacio is such a good defender, but still isn't distributing, although he
led Paul on one fast break tonight. Herren looked totally lost in the first
half. Standing to the side on offense, running around and waving his arms on
defense, like he though he was still doing Pitino's "headless chicken"
dance. By the second half, he got into the flow and was on the floor in the
fourth quarter, when the lead got to twenty.
  Eric Williams, hustled, rebounded hard and made some very good passes in
the paint.
  Joe Johnson was around the ball all night. Heinsohn called him "Adrien
Griffin with speed."
  The game was never in doubt.

                  JB

Unchain My Heart!