Re: I love this list because....

> And Paul, you may actually be
> much more on target than you realize, if my fears concerning Coach
'mini-me'
> O'Brien are even just half correct! "God help us" - Eric Williams the key
> the team!?! LOL! (I wonder if more of Eric Williams what Wallace was
hoping
> for when he he let Griffin and Stith go. . . )

I have to admit, Thomas, that this quote from OB makes me itch "something
fierce." I mean, this sounds like one of  those "He's only a jump shot
away," quotes from Pitino! I used to think that Ricky was just trying to
boost the poor stiff's confidence with those idiotic statements, but no, we
found out he was serious, now didn't we? Unless this "Eric Williams is key
to the team" quote is truly nothing more than a hopeful and perhaps
necessary (since he's untradeable) show of confidence this sounds an awful
lot like the psychotic ramblings of the undermedicated. Hey...I take my
medication and you don't hear any of that Eric Williams love-talk from me.
See, medication works. But I'm going to give OB a break since he did get the
team to play .500 over 48 games. That has to be worth something since not
even Our Lord and Saviour Pitino could do that. But now that I think about
it, you put the "freakin' practice" freak-out in the equation along with the
EW-thing and who knows. Maybe he's going Pitino on us.

> To be honest I don't think any trade or GM strategy will help unless the
> coaching improves, which could quite well require a coaching change

Perhaps, but you have to admit Ricky made an awful lot of moves only to
leave this coaching staff with the coma-like group of Battie, VP and Blount
at center, a bunch of point guards headed, I'll repeat that "headed" by
Kenny Anderson, along with Eric Williams and I'm sure I've forgotten a stiff
or two. Talk about running a franchise into the ground because you just
don't know what an NBA player looks like. And please don't blame that on
anybody else because Ricky was totally in charge. I'd have to say that from
everything I've read there's at least a pretty good chance that the last
Pitino-less draft actually acquired more NBA-level talent at once than
Pitino did in 3 1/2 years. OK, I'll give you Pierce but we all know that was
a serious no brainer. Aside from the Pierce pick Ricky was a total zero in
the front office. So maybe given what he had to work with OB did a
spectacular job last year and he actually does know what he's doing. Maybe.

Oh crap, OK....34 wins but I stop there.

Paul M.