My reply to Joe

Boy I really messed this reply up.  Hope this one works.
I said
Hi Joe
I'm not trying to turn this into a Pierce vs Antoine but don't sell Pierce
short on the other aspects of the game.

  Joe said ************
At 14:18 23/10/01 +0000, Rich S. wrote:
                As for Walker, he does more besides scoring than Pierce
does.
But
he DOES need to have more humility in his shot selection, no question.

I said
Explain What more than Pierce, Walker does.

Joe said***********
Hi Rich:

Stats where Walker always leads Pierce like assists-per-minute and
rebounds-per-minute can be as valuable to a team as shooting efficiency.

I said

and I will agree but again Pierce is a very good rebounder for his position.
Walker should lead in that stat he is the PF. (let's not get into him at
the 3 pt. line :)  ) I also believe Pierce needs to pass more, especially
out of double and triple teams.  Again  Walker has the ball in his hands on
the perimeter more than Pierce.  (Lets not go into the perimeter thing
again)

Joe said*****************
    Did you know bin Walker actually averaged more steals than Pierce last
year
(1.70 versus 1.68)?

I said
That doesn't make him a better defensive player though.  There is more to
defense than steals.  Walker is putting more effort in this year.  On a side
note I assume the bin Walker would be a reference to me being a Walker hater
(or basher etc.) I just wanted clarification on your thoughts as I thought
you were selling Pierce short in the other areas of the game.  Once again, I
recognize the potential in Walker and while he has taken steps to mature.
He still is doing the same things as in the past and we are still waiting
for the changes and maturity.  So.. while I am not a bashing hater, I am
also not a drooling lover. I kind of sit in the middle like most of us (I
think) waiting for that Antoine (that many believe is there) to come out.
We need to stop comparing the 2 best players and start commenting on how
well they work together.

    Walker's SEI (or whatever Athlon calls it) may be truly horrible, but he
showed versatility and effort by ranking in the NBA top 20 in twenty
categories last season (according to NBA.COM).

I said

And... some of those categories aren't good to be in.  Pierce shows up in
11.  So what.  All I'm saying is - in the attempt to defend Walker so much,
don't sell Pierce short.

Rich...