BSG on Kenny

Don't know how many of you get Boston Sports Guy's e-mail newsletter, but he
had this to say about the Celtics yesterday:

"One last thought: the Celtics will not make the playoffs this season unless
they realize within the next 6-8 weeks that Kenny Anderson can't be involved
with this team in any way, shape or form. Wrong guy, wrong team, wrong time.
There's no other way to say it."

My take: You know how much I despise Kenny and what he does to this team,
but pinning all of the problems on him is taking an awfully narrow view of
things. Kenny and all the point guards are bad. But so are the centers. And
the team doesn't have a true power forward. This team is so weak at the most
critical positions, to suggest that just getting rid of Kenny Anderson will
solve its problems is delusional.

BSG wants to make it sound easy. Last year it was dumping Pitino, now it's
Kenny. The truth is this is a fatally flawed team that, I believe, will need
a major overhaul if it wants to be competitive. There are no easy answers.
Eventually the "brain trust" is going to figure out it can't win with a team
built around Antoine and lacking a center, power forward and point guard.

Mark