Re: Cavs game

> From: Celtic4Hire@AOL.com
>
> ...Being the guy who
> passes the ball to the guy who has broken out on the wing and then makes
> the
> open jumper and then you get an assist doesn't mean anything to me. An
> assist
> only means something to me if you create the play through your dribble, by
> drawing a double team or because you have the height to lob the ball over
> defenders. I haven't seen Kenny create a play since at least last year so
> his
> assists mean nothing....

In the same vein, I only count rebounds where the guy getting the bound
boxes out.  Similarly, I give (and take away) aesthetic points on the
shots of NBA players.  For instance, nothing but net gets you 4 points, a
clanker that goes in anyway gets only .5 points.  In fact, I keep my own
records and standings.  Boy, you have no idea how much free time this eats
up.  You'll be happy to know that the Celtics are well on their way to
winning the championship in my league, though.  It may have something to
do with the 50-point lead I give them at the start of each game.  I'm
prejudiced.

Sorry.  Statistics may lie, but an assist is an assist is an assist.

Regards,

(The Celtic "Tird")