Field goal percentage

Close to 40 percent? They have to look way up at 40 percent. Try .363 as a
team. Here are the individual numbers:

Milt Palacio: .467
Eric Williams: .440
Paul Pierce: .423
Kenny Anderson: .414
Battie: .368
Johnson: .355
Forte: .345
Walker: .329
Brown: .313
Blount: .263
Potapenko: .231
McCarty: .222

There are a couple of ways to look at this. 1. They can't possibly be this
bad, and they'll shoot better once the season starts, meaning they'll win
more and look much better. I think that's quite possible. 2. This is a team
of bad shooters that doesn't get any easy baskets, hasn't adjusted to the
new rules and is doomed to ping pong ball land before the season starts. For
our sanity, let's assume scenario No. 1 is more likely, although I'd say the
truth lies somewhere in between.

Mark