Re: You Gotta Have A Master Plan

At 09:37 18/10/01 -0400, CeltsSteve@AOL.com wrote:
>Published Thursday, October 18, 2001, in the Akron Beacon Journal.
>Cavs have empty feeling
>Win over Boston lacks fans, who don't care about team yet
>
>By Terry Pluto
>
>``The thing I've noticed is the players here just seem beaten down,''
>Lucas said. ``Like they expect things to go wrong. They also have no
>connection with the community, or the history of this franchise.''
>Lucas has had former Cavs Austin Carr and Bingo Smith talk to the team. He
>wants them to know that you can win in Cleveland.

         Wow, the immortal Bingo Smith. Its good to be reminded just how
lucky we are to be Celtics fans. The players forget how lucky they are to
be wearing a Celtics uniform, that's for sure. Steve, I really hope our
Celtics can turn things around and make the uniform something to be proud
of again. Thanks for sending these Akron Beacon articles. Normally it would
be "(Go a) Way's" duty.

         I think Obie needs to look at films and figure out what his peers
are doing right and wrong when implementing their halfcourt sets in light
of the new rules. Whichever guy makes the right coaching innovations from
the get go likely will be rewarded with season victories up to or beyond
the talent of his players.

         I have a hunch that several historically strong teams will get off
to surprisingly wretched starts because of poor coaching choices in
response to the new rules. But what is the Celtics FG% shooting in the
preseason? I won't bother to check, but it might be close to 40% from the
field. Thank goodness this trip is over. Its pretty much back to the
drawing board for Obie and the players.

Joe