Re: the second game

on 10/13/01 10:31 AM, Kestas at Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu wrote:

I don't  see what giving the
ball to the worst passer on the team - one of the center troika stationed
above the 3-point line -  accomplishes. The illegal defense rules, which
would've required the opposing center to come out above the foul line or
double someone, have been abolished, in case JOB didn't notice. So, what
does that "play" accomplish, except keeping the big guys away from the
boards, and keeping the ball in their hands where they don't know what to
do with it? I would think that feeding Battie in the low post, or Vitaly
for short jumpers would be a lot more productive.
Kestas
   Yes, right on. You are the first to realize this very important aspect of
the change in the rules. It certainly is unproductive and Vitaly was even
tempted to let one fly from out there, three or four feet beyond his range.
I could hear the clang before he let it go.

                   JB

Unchain My Heart!