the second game

The Mavericks didn't take, the Celtics serious or the poverty, stricken
Celtics would not  of  equated themselves so good. If Mr.Toine was to taste
some, in-jury bugs or more better, traded for Ernest Brown they would of
won by 30. Oh wait the Celtics suck what, am I saying here? [I slap myself
to bring me back to present reality, as opposed to absent reality] Except
for Pierce of course who equated, himself real good and, should be traded
for some Clippers ASAP.

Joking aside, Pierce was back to his superstar game last night with his
typical efficiency (9-13 at one point, on not very many easy shots). It's
reached a point where, every time he shoots the ball,  I expect it to go in
and am very surprised when it doesn't. He's also averaging 11 boards in
these two games.

Toine, on the other hand, continued his scoring inefficiency, including a
bunch of quick threes and 7 turnovers.  He did hit one critical three late
in the game, though. He also collected 11 assists, feeding Pierce and JJ in
the low post on their favorite play, and dishing some beatiful passes off
his drives. The part that's new to Toine's game, and the part that I like
best, is his defense. He's averaging 5 steals and had a block in each game.
He's really trying hard, diving after loose balls, stripping people on
isos, whatever it takes. He picked Nowitzki's pocket on a critical
possession at the end of the game. That's very encouraging.

The rookies showed that it's a little early to write them after one game in
which they got very little playing time. JJ was smooth,  Forte looked very
good, including some nice passes and floaters, and KB didn't embarass
himself either, although he still seemed to have some jitters. Very smooth
stroke on his only 3, barely stirring the net. He'll be able to get
defensive rebounds on leaping ability alone, although I hope he watches
some Fortson tapes to learn how to rebound properly.

Kenny apparently didn't roll out of bed yesterday because he only got 1
assist.  Nash just did whatever he wanted against him. He also committed a
boneheaded foul that could have cost us the game.

Pot has looked like did in the early part of the season last year -
horrendous. He works so hard to get to balls, yet can't hold on to the
basketball to save his life. It's as if he's wearing boxing gloves or
something. I'd be curious to see his hands - are they really small, or is
it  a motor control problem? Josh, go shake his hand when you get a chance :)

Palacio didn't distinguish himself, and McCarty and Williams spent a lot of
time where they belong. Blount was also benched in favor of Battie and Pot,
and I'd like to see him more. We all know what Pot can do (mostly, what he
can't do).

As a team, they ran better, and are really looking up the floor with the
first pass. There were some beatiful two-pass, minimal-dribbling fast
breaks. This and the team defense seem to have improved since last season.
I still don't like their half-court game, which is unimaginitive,
stationary, and, with the exception of Walker's feeds to Pierce and JJ and
individual moves by Pierce,  unproductive.  I don't  see what giving the
ball to the worst passer on the team - one of the center troika stationed
above the 3-point line -  accomplishes. The illegal defense rules, which
would've required the opposing center to come out above the foul line or
double someone, have been abolished, in case JOB didn't notice. So, what
does that "play" accomplish, except keeping the big guys away from the
boards, and keeping the ball in their hands where they don't know what to
do with it? I would think that feeding Battie in the low post, or Vitaly
for short jumpers would be a lot more productive.
Kestas