Re: Ray's bet

> From: JB <JBMetzEA@AOL.com>
>
>    I don't think that's  fair, Kestas. I think Ray is just a fed up,
> cynical
> fan. He is clever and likes to scatter hyperbole, but to call him a
> "flamer," seems a bit of a reach. For the last three years the team has
> sucked and Ray has shoved this fact down our throats, a bit more ardently
> and articulately, than many of us would like, but a "flamer?"
>    It wasn't so long ago that he was seeding this, and at least one more
> list, with all of the Celtics news, anyone could hope to find, on the net,
> several hours before any of us would be awake to find them. Is this the
> sign
> of a flamer? He cared enough to seek out those articles and enough to
> share
> them here.

I always like to chime in when someone feels the need to defend it to the
list.  I'm not sure what you think a "fan" is, but Ray/Way/Kai/Mr. Ghost
doesn't fit my definition at all.  It's a troll, JB -- assigning human
feelings and emotions to it is contraindicated.  It exists to make itself
feel clever.  It might post articles for the express purpose of promoting
its one rhetorical point (that is, "Celts suck").  Do not be swayed by its
"clever" or "articulate" posts, such as they are.  Look at the archives if
you don't believe me.

Geez, all this talk of a "caring", "sharing" and considerate
Ray/Way/Kai/... has brought a single salty tear to my eye.

(The Celtic "Tird",
  Celticus "tirdius")