Re: Ray's bet

At 04:27 11-10-01, you wrote:
>on 10/10/01 11:38 PM, Kestas at Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu wrote:
>
>Kevin,
>Ray /Way/Whatever is a troll. It doesn't matter what he/she/it says,
>because its only purpose, by definition, is to inflame the list.
>         *******
>    I don't think that's  fair, Kestas. I think Ray is just a fed up, cynical
>fan. He is clever and likes to scatter hyperbole, but to call him a
>"flamer," seems a bit of a reach.
JB Kestas called him a Troll not a flamer. A BIG difference. When a persons
sole purpose in posting is to engender a nasty response he is looking to
get his jollies period. I don't care if he does it with wit or aplomb. It
is still annoying. I don't think there are too many of us on the list that
don't recognize our teams shortcomings but do we need to be continually
beaten about the head and shoulders with ultra negativism just so he can
feel clever? I will give Ray credit for posting articles so that people
without access or the time could keep up but that service is long gone and
his current one trick pony is tiresome at best. When challenged he picks
and chooses when to respond and ducks most legitimate posters that call him
on his tired dogma. Go to the archives and read his missives of just the
past few months and see the pattern he has fallen into then come here and
champion him from us mean and nasty critics. He tries to be BSG with an
edge but fails miserably IMO. Sports guy can take a negative and lampoon it
so you can't help but laugh and get the message without wanting to give him
a spanking. Everyone has the right to post what they want but if you troll
expect folks to call you on it. I get disgusted at times with the C;s just
like I do with my BoSox but every year I get up dust myself off and hope
for the best. Naive maybe but most people will at least listen to my words
where with Ray some of us don't even bother to get any good points he may
have due to his lounge lizard brand of posting. Just my thoughts and YMMV.
Later.Mike

Michael J.King Sr.
An Aristocracy of One