Re: Ray's bet

At 07:27 10/11/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>   I don't think that's  fair, Kestas. I think Ray is just a fed up, cynical
>fan. He is clever and likes to scatter hyperbole, but to call him a
>"flamer," seems a bit of a reach. For the last three years the team has
>sucked and Ray has shoved this fact down our throats, a bit more ardently
>and articulately, than many of us would like, but a "flamer?"

Jim, calling Ray "just a fed up, cynical fan"  are akin to calling Osama
bin Laden "a fed-up, cynical civil rights activist".  As for Way's
cleverness, I don't think you have to be very clever to figure out how to
portray everything the Celtics do in a negative light. It often does
require a lot imagination and taking contorted positions to do that, I'll
grant you that. And articulateness? You must be kidding. Way's posts are
full of malapropisms, mispellings and just plain bad grammar.

>   It wasn't so long ago that he was seeding this, and at least one more
>list, with all of the Celtics news, anyone could hope to find, on the net,
>several hours before any of us would be awake to find them. Is this the sign
>of a flamer? He cared enough to seek out those articles and enough to share
>them here.

The only problem is, they all shared one common purpose - to serve as props
for Way's Celtics-bashing.