RE: Josh... thoughts, insights from yesterday?

Kestas wrote:

It's certainly possible that Wallace resented Moiso as "Pitino's guy", but I
doubt that would have prevented Moiso from getting playing time, had he
shown
any signs of life. It's highly likely that Wallace will do everything to
make
sure KB is given every opportunity to succeed - after all, Kedrick was the
high-risk, unconventional pick. But I do believe everything is going to
hinge
on attitude and talent in the end and, from all accounts, this year's #11
pick
is ahead of last year's #11 in both categories.
Kestas

---end---

I agree, Kestas. I'm not convinced Moiso will ever amount to much, but I'm
not necessarily convinced he's useless either. He's older than Kedrick, but
he's "basketball young." And there is this perception that Moiso was
completely unproductive in college. That's not true. He put up pretty good
numbers at UCLA on a team loaded with talent and scorers. I do think it was
a little unfair to Moiso to draft him, proclaim from Day 1 that he's a
project, then give him away after one season because he didn't do much.
Isn't that the definition of "project?" Also, the perception that Moiso had
nothing going for him other than his athletic ability is wrong. The guy was
a good shooter for a big man and had great hands. His problems seemed to be
confidence and aggressiveness. He may never solve those.

I just think it's ironic that Kedrick Brown, who put up good numbers (but
not exactly 30 ppg or anything) against JUCO scrubs, was a high school
center and probably wouldn't have been drafted in the top 20 if the Celts
hadn't taken him, is considered by the brass (and many fans) the steal of
the draft because of his athleticism-but they all say he's a project. And
you know what? I'm one of those fans. I think he's going to be a stud. Why?
I have no good reason.

Just an interesting comparison.

Mark