Re: Herren

At 07:40 05-10-01, Kestutis Kveraga wrote:
>--- "Michael J.King Sr." wrote:
>The point I am belaboring is that while Herren is white that ain't why alot of
>us root for him.
>--- end of quote ---
>
>Yeah...somehow I don't remember such rooting for another local boy, who was
>even more "local" to Boston than Herren - Mattapan's Dana Barros. I'm not
>talking about you, Michael, or the NB/FR folk, I'm saying in general it was
>rarely brought up by anyone. In fact, Dana, despite  being much more of a
>solid
>citizen, a better player, and even shorter, at 5-9, than Herren, was perceived
>as a cap anchor to be gotten rid of ASAP.

I can't dispute your point because  I was initially overjoyed at Dana's
arrival. I became less than enamored with him as time passed. I always
thought he put the effort in but I probably started listening to the
negatives being leveled at him by fans and media alike. My bad as he was an
all around good egg on and off the court. He to this day donates his time
and money sans fanfare in both Mattapan and Greater Boston. I wish now that
I had given him  his well deserved kudos while he was a Celtic as now it is
too late. Hopefully Chris will conduct himself as well as Dana did. I'm
sure the media will let us know as they do seem to have taken a shine to
the lad. Later.Mike