Herren comments

I think the guy is tough.  I think the team needs that.  Plus he doesn't go
out boozing and whoring (anymore) like a few of the other players and, he is
considered a gym rat.  These are big pluses for a young team.  I've never
heard a teammate speak poorly about him either which is a plus.

Herren does push the ball but distributing the ball as a PG doesn't mean
much if you have to pass it to a PF once your over half court.  He is not
Jason Kidd or Stockton by any means but we'll see what he can do now that
the injury is over.

I do think that people would like a local kid to do well.  The same way
people follow Camby or other local guys in pro sports or Leno or Paula
Poundstone or the New Kids, whatever.  I'm sure if Camby was on the Celtics
we would be swamped with stories of how he was misguided when he screwed his
team/teammates in college or had to wear a mask to collect his pay check in
Toronto.  The same as the positive stories on Herren.

I doubt they were holding a roster spot for him though.  I do think the
injury to Brown before camp started did make a move necessary.  I agree with
the other poster that Brown may end up a coach if we need his spot.

Another question, why would any decent FA PF want to come to this team?
They will never play unless Walker gets hurt.

Another thing I have seen written recently is that many teams will be
shortening their roster to 13-14 players due to cap issues.  Not that I
think there is collusion, but I think these slots will be earmarked for this
developmental league the NBA is starting.

I can't make the practice on Sunday in Lowell (Nice arena though) so can
someone post their observations to the list?

TIA, <Jim

Jim Hill
mailto:jahill@leasingservice.com
800-451-6567 Voice/Fax 866-571-3921