Re: [Celtics' Stuff ''He's in fantastic physical condition,..."

on 10/4/01 10:24 AM, j.hironaka at j.hironaka@unesco.org wrote:

In any case, I see no rush to sign a point guard unless other teams are
also expressing this keen interest in signing Bologna boy, AKA the great
white hype. It raises a lot of "what ifs" seeing the veteran power
forward/rebounders that were out there at garage sale prices.

          ***********
  I don't need to repeat here, my anthem about distributing point guards.
Herren did show some ability to do this during pre-season, last. Whether or
not, he is the answer, the longer we waited to sign one, the fewer there
were left.
  What if Anderson also gets hurt(again)? Are you happy with Walker and
Palacio at the point? Oh my Gd!
  Walker has to play down low and rebound, no matter what he thinks he was
promised. O'Brien only said it would be a few minutes a game anyway. I don't
believe our coach had ever said he thought Forte or Johnson were going to
play there this year.
  I also have a feeling there will be a retirement agreement with Randy
Brown. He wants to coach, they can find a way.......... Maybe we can still
get your bargain,power guy, but they are drying up fast also. Gary Trent
signed yesterday.
  Regarding Herren, no where did I read he has a guarantee. I happen to like
his heart. If he is slimmer and quicker, he might just become a local hero.
He really is a hard nosed kid who gives you everything he's got.
  I resent the "great white hype" label. That's not like you Joe. Your
Cheerios stale this AM?

                  JB

Unchain My Heart!