Re: Kenny--still out of touch

On Tuesday, October 2, 2001, at 07:51 PM, Josh O. wrote:

> I know where Mark is coming from.  Kenny is such
> an A-hole.  At $50 an assist, he'll probably end
> up donating two hundred dollars all season.
>
> Seriously, though, did you see in that article where
> he said he thinks 5 a game will be good? Could you
> believe that?  And that's right after his remark that
> "with the shooters on this team, I can get three just
> by rolling out of bed."  The thing is, that's probably
> not far from his plan.

If you want to talk about Kenny's performance (or possible lack thereof)
in previous seasons, or in the season to come, then I'm right there with
you.  If you want to criticize his on-court behavior, I'd probably agree
with you.  Kenny's got a good chance to underperform in a big way next
year, that I will not deny, but to criticize him for not giving enough to
charity is unseemly at best and probably just a tad bit "holier-than-thou.
"  I noticed Mark seemed to reconsider the post in a subsequent post --
good for him, I say.

I saw the article; Kenny spouting off is nothing new, though I'm certainly
tired of the "selling the car during the lockout" thing.  Look, I'm just
waiting for Kenny to come off the books -- I'd think Milt (or someone else)
  will become the starter at some point this year, because Kenny will be
injured or will stink, or both, like last year.  On the other hand, Kenny
might perform well -- I hope so, but I won't hold my breath either.

(The Celtic "Tird",
  Celticus "tirdius")