Re: The Beat The Crappy Teams 2001 World Tour Continues

----- Original Message -----
From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>

> We are the Champions of Mediocrity my friends and we'll keep on being
> mediocre
> till Gaston's end......

Have to agree with you here, Way. The Celtics are a mediocre team. No doubt
about that. Over three years with Rick Pitino in charge will do that to you.
31-30 since Ricky's gone. Thank God we finally have a coach who knows how to
get the most from the mediocre talent that he inherited. Seven meaningless
wins and six "this team is going nowhere" losses. I hope this keeps up.

> - Only 16 three-point attempts by Antoine.  His wrists must be locking
> up.

You're right. I hate when they win after a crappy game from Walker. Why
can't they just play the game the way it's supposed to be played. I'd feel
much better if they were 0-13. Obviously, OB doesn't know what he's doing
and this team would be much better off if they had traded Walker for
Croshere and Best when they had the chance.

> - C's have only beaten one good team this season, and that was a Pacers
> club
> with an injured Jamal Tinsley. Beat NJ and I'll be somewhat less
> skeptical.

You'd be less skeptical that they're, what, not a mediocre team? They are a
mediocre team Way. You're right to be skeptical. What do you expect? We all
agree they need more talent. This team is mediocre and they're record proves
it. Do you expect them to win 50 games? I wish the last three years had been
different but at least they finally got it right.

> - Celtics must find a legitimate pure point guard in the offseason.
> And the upcoming draft presents the perfect opportunity for them to do
> so.
> That is, if they still have their pick.

You're absolutely right.

Paul M.