Re: And speaking of that selfish devil.

--- You wrote:
So yesterday I found a quote from Michael Jordan criticizing his teammates for
not giving him enough help when he takes 30 shots and hits 10, and now Steve
Bulpett actually thinks our selfish stars are trying to keep their teammates
involved, and Randy Brown thinks they should just shoot away. It's so hard to
know who to label selfish these days. What's Iverson's shooting percentage?
--- end of quote ---

Whether are not Toine and Paul can be labeled selfish is not the point here.
We're all selfish in the limit, that's the way nature works. The question is,
what form does that selfishness take? For all we know, our two stars are
gunning away because they believe it helps the team the most, at the expense of
their shooting % and chances of making the All-Star team (which is obviously a
major motivation for them, but maybe not as big as winning).
Who do you think is more likely to make the All-Star team, Shareef or Toine?
I'd say Shareef by a long shot. But why? He averages fewer points, rebounds,
assists, and steals than Toine, and his team is at .313 right now. But he's
viewed as a much more efficient scorer and a better low-post defender (borne
out by his .45 FG% and 1.5 bpg, respectively), and that's gonna do it.
K.