Re: A Win?

At 21:44 11/28/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Someone mentioned that Toine's assists have gone down of late.  What are his
>passing options other than Pierce?  Blount, Battie, VP?  Sometimes it's
>everything they can do to hang onto a bounce pass.  Kenny?  We won't even
>talk about his FG% right now.  Milt?  Has hit a few shots.  Strickland?
>Let's hope he can be consistent.  Johnson?  Not right now.  Williams?  Can
>he stay healthy?

It works both ways, you know. If you don't give people the ball, they
become tentative, make more mistakes on offense, and shoot a lower
percentage. They can't be thinking that if they miss their first shot, they
won't see the ball again. I still think they should at least TRY to get
other people involved by getting them shots in their favorite spots early.
You can't tell me Pot isn't gonna make a 12-15 jumper reliably, given the
opportunity. Or that Battie isn't going to score a few baskets if given the
ball around the hoop.
Now, if you post them above the 3-point line and expect them to create
their own shot, the results won't be pretty. Walker and Pierce have to
realize that getting others involved improves their own scoring
opportunities, not to mention team performance and chemistry.